Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Feelings are Important

AIM: Understanding feelings, though taken for granted, are very critical in a child's development. 
They aid in personal well being as well as building new relationships. In this lesson we focus on helping children identify and manage their as well as other's feelings. 

Kids are very receptive to feelings. They instinctively know when someone is hurting. However they may or may not always know how to deal with varying situations. 

We began by showing kids some faces and asked them to identify the feelings therein. 





So how do you thing our pal (lets call him Ken) feels today? 
Why do you think he feels that way? Does Jesus likes us being Happy? 



What about now? How does Ken feel now? 
Why do you think Ken feels sad now? 
Do you ever feel sad? When? Why does that happen? Do you think Jesus wants you to feel sad? 
What can I do to feel better? 

What has happened to Ken now? He sure looks angry now, doesn't he? 
Wonder what made him this mad? Do you get mad at times? What causes you to get angry? What do you do when you are angry? Is it right to show your feelings? Is it right to show my feeling by hurting others? What would Jesus do? Did Jesus ever get angry? 


oh! oh! looks like Ken here is a little nervous!! He must be nervous about something thats about to happen - or he might be thinking its about to happen....We all feel nervous at times. I feel nervous when I am waiting for some news to reach me....Is it ok to be nervous? For how long? Should i get sick with nervousness? 


Heres Ken now. He looks scared. I hope he does not stay that way for long! We all get scared, but we should remain scared forever. God wants us to be free !!



Ahhh , here's Ken , feeling loved and content. You too are loved. You too are special . Smile always because you are special and you are loved - Always!!



Feelings are very important. It is okay to feel sad, hurt, scared even angry. But its not always okay to act on our feelings. If I am angry , its okay to let my friends and family know I am angry - but hat does not give me the right to punch someone !!! I will make them angry- and if they get angry and punch me back - It will be a mess!!


JESUS had feelings too: 

Jesus was angry too, when He saw sellers in His Father's house in the temple. He showed His feelings to everyone- BUT He did not go about hitting and shouting at anyone!!He did what was necessary. 
Jesus was scared too ( as human - as you and me) when He was about to die and He was praying to His Father - but He did not run away from His problems. He faced them and it passed. Our problems too will pass - but we must take it Jesus in prayer. He will help us. He will send His angels to help us. 

Jesus used to laugh and smile a lot with His friends. He had lots of friends. Jesus wants us to be happy the same way always. 


So what do we do? 


1) when I really want something real bad? 

First of all, ALWAYS ask Nicely. It is always good to be polite. Request - Never snatch. Do it with a smile. 
Try it. If you snatch what is not yours - you will be making your friend very angry and there can be sadness and a fight. 




2) When someone is teasing me, annoying me? 
If there is no teacher or adult (like your parent nearby) .
First ask them to " Please Stop"  
If they still do not listen,  The best would be to IGNORE till you get some help. It will be noce of you to pray for them , once you get home- before that please go somewhere safe. 


3) What is the best way to be happy and play fair? 

Share with friends. Sharing is Caring. 
Say, "Please" 
Play fair, play together
Wait your turn while playing. 





Action Song: 

I AM HAPPY TODAY: 

I happy today, I’m happy today,
In Jesus Christ I’m happy today,
He’s taken all my sins away,
And that’s why I’m happy today.

I'm sharing today,I’m sharing today,
In Jesus Christ I’m sharing today,
He’s taken all my sins away,
And that’s why I’m sharing today.

I'm praying today, I’m praying today,
In Jesus Christ I’m praying today,
 He’s taken all my sins away,
And that’s why I’m praying today.

I'm smiling today, I’m smiling today,
In Jesus Christ I’m singing today,
He’s taken all my sins away,
And that’s why I’m smiling today.


I'm singing today, I’m singing today,
In Jesus Christ I’m singing today,
He’s taken all my sins away,
And that’s why I’m singing today.

I happy today,  I’m sharing today,
In Jesus Christ I’m praying today,
He’s taken all my sins away,
And that’s why I’m singing today.








No comments:

Post a Comment